Small and Medium Businesses have to deal with the several challenges
How to automate repetitive processes and become more efficient?
How to have the overall picture and know what needs attention and when?
How do we grow the business?
How to have all customer contact information distributed among employees in one place?
How do we keep track of all customer initiatives?
How can we grow revenue per customer? Grow revenue per employee?
Workflow Management Software and CRM Software helps to manage these. There are several products available. The challenge is that while packaged software is affordable they are expensive to customize. The average Small business finds the development of customized software expensive and time-consuming.
If you are struggling with these issues then choose MetaBiz as your CRM platform as it offers cost effective and easy to customize solutions.
‘MetaBiz’ a Multi-platform business management software has all the core functionalities required by small and medium businesses. It can be quickly customized to suit different business processes! MetaBiz is a business & workflow management software built using FileMaker Pro making it highly accessible across multiple devices like desktop, iPad, and iPhone. Web access is possible as much as is natively supported by the WebDirect feature within FileMaker.
Some of the business processes where MetaBiz can add value:
This module offers more than just contact information. MetaBiz offers a solution through which you can organize all the details about a particular lead like contact details, communication History, invoices, project details, action details etc.
Inventory planning and management:
Entrepreneurs should have a deep understanding of demand and supply equation across all products. A business software can help in lowering costs, prevent errors in demand and supply of stock and speed up fulfilling client orders. MetaBiz can play an important role here. The software stores product catalog along with specifications and pricing details in the system. The inventory log gets automatically updated whenever an invoice is generated. This helps in proper inventory planning and management.
MetaBiz lets you streamline your workflow processes by setting up multiple actions. You can create alert for those who need to take a particular action, prioritize actions and mark them completed when it’s done, set deadlines and keep the process moving as per the timeline. This helps in effective workflow management. You can also view the ‘Actions’ in the calendar by checking on ‘Show on calendar’ settings.
A business needs to take sound commercial decisions by effectively interpreting the available data to provide actionable insights. MetaBiz just does that. It helps in determining accurate project cost on the basis of billable hours and product costs. Predefined reports based on timesheet, invoices, and actions can be generated to get a detailed perspective. Also, invoices within a specific date range can be accessed easily. Additional reports can be created as needed.
User & Application Management:
User management is important for setting up a secure system. MetaBiz User management system offers much more than just security. The software allows the Administrator to manage users and user roles, track their timesheets, set up and manage Company Info, Company logo, currency, Invoice templates and much more.
MetaBiz can be configured to send emails via Email Client or SMTP server or Outlook account. The Outlook Manipulator plug-in in the software allows all the Outlook data – Mails, contacts, calendar to be accessed from within the application. All critical client related information is available at one place and not residing in individual mailboxes. Data resides centrally and accessible to authenticated users of the system. This is an Add-On feature offered by MetaBiz.
MetaBiz can be customized according to the business requirement of the client. For more information get in touch with us or download the trial version.
FileMaker provides custom apps across devices and platforms like iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. The latest version of FileMaker has got enhanced features in terms of mobility, security, automation, ease of use and performance. These new features are simplifying the development of custom apps which can work across different platforms.
FileMaker’s core idea is to facilitate developers to create custom software solutions that are required by small and medium businesses. It provides an extensive array of ready-made templates. This reduces time to get started with the development and leaves more time to work on a more complex design and development. The enhanced features in FileMaker 15 will transform the business of building custom apps.
FileMaker Pro 15 is carrying forward the direction of the company to increase mobility with the help of some enhanced features. Some of these are:
- An additional security feature i.e. the Concealed Box will help users to be more careful with the content. The Concealed Edit Box feature does not reveal the content typed in the field to the onlookers as they just see some dots.
- Solutions which are frequently used can be added to the Quick Actions thus enabling a quicker way to access FileMaker solution.
- The Portal In-Line Progress Bar, one of FileMaker 15’s new performance-based features, brings with it the separation of a layout’s non-portal and portal rendering tasks. This means users are no longer forced to wait for cumbersome portals to load before being able to interact with a window’s content.
- FileMaker Pro 15 sends notifications for any kind of software updates. One can easily download and install the update within FileMaker Pro 15. This was not possible in the earlier version.
- A Lot of improvements have been made in the Script Workspace. Script Errors are highlighted in red colour. So one can rectify the scripts immediately. There is an Unlimited Undo option which will give the users more freedom in creating something new and unique.
New features introduced in FileMaker Go 15 will give rich user experience for iOS users. Some of them are as follows:
- Touch ID adds an extra layer of security to the existing features in your application. This will allow the users to login into the application using the fingerprint. For phones without the Touch ID sensors, there will be a device passcode.
- The FileMaker app can be integrated with iBeacons. FileMaker Go 15 can associate data like text, image, video etc. to the specific locations where iBeacons are present.
Your custom app can be further extended/linked to web using FileMaker/PHP API thus providing more opportunities.
MetaSys has a dedicated team of FileMaker developers, with experience in FileMaker 15. In case you have any queries related to FileMaker or looking for a quick solution catering to your business feel free to contact us.
The FileMaker platform offers some key advantages for small businesses looking to go digital. Many small businesses are turning to FileMaker for building custom apps to replace their manual processes. We highlight below why FileMaker is increasingly becoming a Preferred Option for small and even medium-sized enterprises.
- FileMaker offers a Small Business Service Toolkit to its customers at no extra cost. As a part of the toolkit, FileMaker offers an eBook – “How to Transform Your Service Business”.It addresses the common business issues faced by small businesses and how to overcome them by building custom apps. It also has case studies covering real business issues faced by small companies and how they overcame their challenges
- FileMaker provides a Starter App along with the Toolkit. The app is compatible with FileMaker 15 platform. It has all the basic functionalities to help small businesses in addressing common business processes like resource scheduling, inventory management etc. The app is designed by a member of the FileMaker Business Alliance Platinum Partner. It is accompanied by a webinar which addresses issues faced by small businesses when it comes to inventory planning and management and invoice generation.
- An extended support in the form of ‘Idea to iPad’ Bundle is also available. Annual licenses of FileMaker Pro Advanced and FileMaker Server are offered as a bundle to create and deploy custom apps. It includes 10 hours of consultation with a Customer Success Manager and FileMaker Business Alliance professional developer. The personal one-on-one interaction helps the developer understand your business and advise a solution appropriate for your situation.
This customer centric approach has proved to help small businesses in digitizing their business using FileMaker. Furthermore, one can start with one module or one process and add modules to meet the growing needs of the business. Businesses and employees quickly see concrete returns on their investment. The platform also allows you to tweak and fine tune your processes over time. Metasys Software has over 12 years of experience with a team of Certified FileMaker Developers and huge experience in client server as well as web application development using FileMaker PHP API. If you are looking for a quick solution or have queries related to FileMaker development feel free to contact us.