Claris Partnership: Our Commitment to FileMaker
MetaSys Software takes pride in being a Claris Partner, formerly known as FileMaker Business Alliance Partner. FileMaker Inc. was rechristened as Claris International Inc. in August 2019 with the purpose of further expansion in the ‘Next Generation’ platforms. Claris’s vision for the future will be to focus on building modern, AI-driven apps. Our expertise in FileMaker development spans over two decades, with experience ranging from FileMaker 5 to 19. We have successfully developed and managed various solutions, including project management systems, inventory management systems, and cruise booking systems. As a Claris Partner, we are committed to using the latest tools and technologies to build modern apps that cater to the needs of our clients.
FileMaker Server: Reliable and Secure Hosting
FileMaker Server is a robust hosting solution that allows multiple users, located at the same or different locations, to work on the same FileMaker file. It offers a scheduler function that can align and schedule database backups at consistent intervals of time. The major advantage of FileMaker Server is that all the solutions hosted by it are reliable and secure. It also provides integration options with third-party software like MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
FileMaker Development: Custom Solutions for Every Need
At MetaSys Software, we believe in providing custom solutions that meet the unique requirements of our clients. With FileMaker, we can create innovative platforms for the creation of custom solutions in iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Our team of certified FileMaker experts leverages the platform's vast capabilities to deliver robust, scalable, and secure solutions that streamline processes, manage information, and boost productivity. Whether you require a new application or need to modify an existing one, our FileMaker consultants can help you achieve your business objectives.
A significant advantage that comes with FileMaker is that it enables us to develop really simple solutions requiring little to no programming and develop complex multi-user client-server solutions. PHP scripting is generally necessary on the web server for web functionality i.e. Custom Web application, content management, e-commerce functionality etc., to interact directly with the FileMaker server. Our highly qualified developers have built several solutions for clients right from simple ones to highly complex ones.
Some of the FileMaker features our system can include are
- Custom app development and Reporting
- Single File or Multi File systems
- Inbuilt design tools
- Starter Solutions
- Cloud Development & Hosting
- Machine Language support
- FileMaker Server-side script-scheduling
- Themed layouts
- Support for Windows/Mac/Linux OS
- Complex Reports & Charts
- Web Extension: Web Direct/FileMaker Data API
- Security Handling using FileMaker’s inbuilt accounts and privilege mechanisms
- iOS Support: FileMaker Go
- Add-ons to facilitate the development
- Security Handling via Privilege sets, SSL encryption,database encryption
- iOS Design and Development, in-built support for Barcode scanning, signature capture and many more
- Integration: oData Support/cURL Support
- OAuth 2.0 Authorization Support
- Import/Export of Data in different formats like excel, pdf
- Complex calculations and custom functions
- Maintenance: Backup/Admin Console
- iOS App SDK to convert FileMaker apps to native iOS apps.
- Inbuilt Add-Ons
- Mail sent via SMTP server, multiple email attachments
- Integration with Siri Shortcuts
- Script workspace to manage the workflow of application
- (NFC) tag reading
- XML support
- Integration with FileMaker plugins and Payment Gateways
There are a lot of challenges that come with legacy FileMaker Systems like dealing with older versions which need to be upgraded, consolidating multiple files into a single file, facilitating easier development & maintenance.. Our developers have extensive experience in all versions of FileMaker going way back to File Maker 5 & can easily pull off File Consolidations efficiently.
FileMaker allows the creation of custom web applications, with FileMaker at the back-end & PHP or any other front-end technology like React as the front using FileMaker Data API. This technology allows for rapid development of business functionality with FileMaker integration with web functionality. Useful features like payment gateway integration, multi-user scenarios & responsive UI design are supported by FileMaker. FileMaker database can be hosted on FileMaker Server or FileMaker Cloud. We have built a cruise booking & reservation system using FileMaker PHP API in the past for a popular river cruise company in Myanmar. MetaSys recommends that Web Solutions are developed using FileMaker Data API for our clients going forward.
FileMaker Go is an iOS application that allows accessing FileMaker solutions via iPhone and iPad.
This can be done in one of the two ways:
- Access the FileMaker application that is hosted on a FileMaker Server or FileMaker Cloud via FileMaker Go and directly work on the live version of the application.
- Access a local copy of the FileMaker application on the iPhone/ iPad, and then sync with the master application on the FileMaker server. In this case, a separate synchronization utility is required. The latter is useful in situations where internet access is not always available.
FileMaker is a cross-platform database application development software from Claris International, which is a subsidiary of Apple Inc.
- FileMaker Pro is used to develop as well as modify any custom application.
- FileMaker Server is used to host the files developed by FileMaker Pro so that it can be accessed by users who are in different locations or at the same location.
- FileMaker Go is used to access the hosted FileMaker Pro file/files via iOS devices like iphone or ipad.
- FileMaker solutions can be accessed via browsers using FileMaker WebDirect or FileMaker Data API.
- FileMaker also have FileMaker Cloud where you can create and host the FileMaker applications.
FileMaker is used to develop simple to complex custom applications. It allows to quickly build and design an application using a GUI which allows to drag and drop controls.
- One can build the application, mainly the user interface quickly using the inbuilt controls.
- It provides many starter solutions which can be used for basic needs and can be further customized.
- It can be accessed via iOS devices like iphone or ipad.
- It can be extended to Web via FileMaker WebDirect or FM Data API.
- It provides security by providing different privileges.
- Different reports can be generated by using the inbuilt report and chart functionality.
- It allows integration with third-party databases like MySql, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
- PHP: It is an Open source, server-side scripting language for developing Web applications by embedding it into the HTML. It can be connected to databases like MySql, MS SQL Server, Oracle etc. It is platform-independent, i.e. applications developed using PHP can be deployed on different operating systems like Windows, Linux, Mac.
- MySql: It is an Open Source relational database management system for storing data. Data can be stored and manipulated with the help of queries. MySql database server can run on most platforms, be it Linux, Windows, or Mac. It is widely used as a backend for websites developed in PHP.