FileMaker provides custom apps across devices and platforms like iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. The latest version of FileMaker has got enhanced features in terms of mobility, security, automation, ease of use and performance. These new features are simplifying the development of custom apps which can work across different platforms.
FileMaker’s core idea is to facilitate developers to create custom software solutions that are required by small and medium businesses. It provides an extensive array of ready-made templates. This reduces time to get started with the development and leaves more time to work on a more complex design and development. The enhanced features in FileMaker 15 will transform the business of building custom apps.
FileMaker Pro 15 is carrying forward the direction of the company to increase mobility with the help of some enhanced features. Some of these are:
- An additional security feature i.e. the Concealed Box will help users to be more careful with the content. The Concealed Edit Box feature does not reveal the content typed in the field to the onlookers as they just see some dots.
- Solutions which are frequently used can be added to the Quick Actions thus enabling a quicker way to access FileMaker solution.
- The Portal In-Line Progress Bar, one of FileMaker 15’s new performance-based features, brings with it the separation of a layout’s non-portal and portal rendering tasks. This means users are no longer forced to wait for cumbersome portals to load before being able to interact with a window’s content.
- FileMaker Pro 15 sends notifications for any kind of software updates. One can easily download and install the update within FileMaker Pro 15. This was not possible in the earlier version.
- A Lot of improvements have been made in the Script Workspace. Script Errors are highlighted in red colour. So one can rectify the scripts immediately. There is an Unlimited Undo option which will give the users more freedom in creating something new and unique.
New features introduced in FileMaker Go 15 will give rich user experience for iOS users. Some of them are as follows:
- Touch ID adds an extra layer of security to the existing features in your application. This will allow the users to login into the application using the fingerprint. For phones without the Touch ID sensors, there will be a device passcode.
- The FileMaker app can be integrated with iBeacons. FileMaker Go 15 can associate data like text, image, video etc. to the specific locations where iBeacons are present.
Your custom app can be further extended/linked to web using FileMaker/PHP API thus providing more opportunities.
MetaSys has a dedicated team of FileMaker developers, with experience in FileMaker 15. In case you have any queries related to FileMaker or looking for a quick solution catering to your business feel free to contact us.